Friday, 26 October 2018
Buhari says he is disappointed in Nigerian press
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that he is disappointed in the Nigerian press.
He said his grouse was that the media did not give his administration the credit for the agricultural revolution he said was ongoing in the country.
Buhari spoke while hosting some young political appointees to a dinner at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Wednesday night.
“I’m very disappointed in the Nigerian press. They didn’t give this government the credit of the “Go back to the land” programme. We have cut down the importation of rice by at least 90 per cent,” the President said.
He noted that many Nigerians were abandoning white collar jobs daily and embracing farming because of his government’s reform programme in the sector.
Under his watch, Buhari also said Nigeria had achieved food security.
He justified his appointment of Chief Audu Ogbeh as the Minister of Agriculture, saying the appointment was based on his antecedents.
He said the nation could not have a better person than Ogbeh whom he said had invested so much in agriculture and had also suffered.
“Ogbeh went to a bank, borrowed money and invested in agriculture. He suffered but eventually, he paid the money.
“So, you cannot have a better person than somebody who has suffered in the sector,” he said.
Buhari again blamed the Peoples Democratic Party for allegedly wasting the commonwealth of Nigerians during the 16 years the party was in power at the federal level.
He reiterated his position that there was nothing to show for the huge resources that accrued to the country during the period.
Like he did a few weeks back, Buhari queried the $16bn said to have been expended on the power sector during the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
Although he did not mention Obasanjo’s name, it was during his administration that the sum was said to have been spent on the power sector.
There was no power and they said they spent $16bn on power. Where is it (power)?” the President asked.
The Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, claimed that the PDP didn’t achieve one-tenth of theAPC achievements in its 16 years in power.
While saying that the present administration had achieved so much, Mustapha promised to make available a document which he said captured what the government had been able to achieve in less than four years.
Tags
# Breaking News
# News

About Mirabel
Mirabel is the owner of naijamills publishing company and Juliet Africa blog, and an enthusiast of all things Tips,opportunities and happenings. Mirabel has extensive experience publishing, promoting businesses and sales. publishing on a daily basis helps ignite my passion, i have passion for writing, i created this blog website to share with you happenings around you and also to explore to you the many opportunities that are available to you.
Newer Article
My credentials still with military, Buhari tells INEC
Older Article
Ganduje’s bribery video authentic – Journalist
Labels:
Breaking News,
News
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Love our article, please leave us a comment.